This video recipe will show you how to make excellent spare ribs in detail for the 4th of july.
Recipe and instructions below video.
Source: Pitmaster X Spare ribs honey and apple glazed
– Brown sugar
– baby back ribs
Classic American Dry Rub ingredients: (makes 2 cups)
– ½ cup brown sugar
– ½ cup coarse salt
– ½ cup paprika powder
– 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
– 2 tablespoons garlic powder
– 2 tablespoons onion powder
– 3 tablespoons coarse ground pepper
– 3 cup apple juice
– ½ cup apple cider vinegar
– 1 cup ketchup
– ¼ cup Worcestershire sauce
– 2 teaspoons onion flakes
– 2 teaspoons garlic flakes
– 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
– Make the sauce, by mixing the ingredients and boiling it down to a syrup
– Bottle the sauce and let it cool down
– Prepare the dry rub by mixing the ingredients
– Take of the membrane from the back of the ribs
– Rub the spareribs with olive oil
– Rub the dry rub on the spare ribs
– Set them in your smoker or barbecue at 110 degrees Celsius or 225 degrees Fahrenheit.
– Smoke the ribs with 2 or 3 chuncks of oak or applewood
– After three hours place the ribs on foil with honey, brown sugar, butter
– Poor over some sauce, wrap the foil and place them on the barbecue or smoker for another 2 hours at the same temperature.
– Unwrap the ribs after two hours and place them back on the barbecue or smoker
– Brush on some barbecue sauce
-Let the barbecue sauce caramelize a little in an hours time, at the same temperature.