Subscribe now!Don't Miss Anything We Post. Join Our Email List Today.

BBQ Killed My Partner

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0Share on Google+0

The Killer Never Got Caught

Hazel and Roland together just before the accident in 2011

This is an unfortunate mishap of the wife being “killed” by the deadly effects of carbon monoxide while sleeping in their tent (poorly ventilated spaces) with the “inactive” BBQ placed in the porch next to it.

Carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless gas, had leaked from their extinguished barbecue. Hazel and Roland had been poisoned as they slept.

As carbon monoxide is inhaled, it enters the bloodstream and binds to the hemoglobin in red blood cells, replacing and blocking the oxygen molecules which are normally attached.

Please take precaution when BBQ.

Barbeque safety

  • Never take a smouldering or lit BBQ into a tent, caravan or cabin. Even if you have finished cooking the BBQ should remain outside as it will still give off fumes for some hours after use
  • Never use a BBQ inside to keep you warm
  • Never leave a lit BBQ unattended or while sleeping
  • Place your cooking area well away from your tent. Always ensure there is an adequate supply of fresh air in the area where the BBQ is being used
  • Only use your BBQ in accordance with the operating instructions
  • Remember the signs and symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning – headaches, dizziness, breathlessness, nausea, collapse and loss of consciousness

https://youtu.be/AYJPw9G1ZDA

Source: BBC

 

10_55_19_11_tent_2

Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterPin on Pinterest0Share on Google+0

 

Add a Comment